Self-conception - Who we are and what we do
The ZDS is the educational centre of the German confectionery industry. It is supported by the association "Zentralfachschule der Deutschen Süßwarenwirtschaft e.V.". The members of the association thus demonstrate their commitment to training and further education.
With the state vocational school, the vocational school and the private school, the Berufskolleg is part of the educational offer of the state of NRW.
By closely interlinking theory and practice, the ZDS develops the professional, social and personal competence of pupils and students according to their previous education and their individual prerequisites. On their way, they accompany the technical and vocational school teachers as advisors, mediators, promoters and signposts.
Goals - What we want to achieve
After completing each course, ZDS students are able to meet the complex requirements of the various jobs in the food industry in a competent, responsible and sustainable manner.
By learning together, the participants develop and deepen important social skills such as mutual respect and consideration, independence and communication skills.
Ways to implement - How we achieve our goals
As a school, ZDS is committed to meeting the requirements of its customers. It focuses its attention on local pupils and students as well as on industrial companies in the food and confectionery industries.
Our customers also include public institutions such as school authorities, chambers of industry and commerce, employment agencies and potential course participants such as retrainees and persons from the food industry who are currently looking for work. The educational activities of the ZDS are therefore always geared to the requirements of the labour market.
- At the ZDS, the current state of knowledge of the food and confectionery industry, as described in the corresponding framework curricula, is conveyed through action-oriented learning. In order to help shape rapid technological progress, the learning content is regularly evaluated and updated.
- With the help of modern technical equipment, the school designs industrial application situations. Modern digital means of communication are at the forefront here.
- Through a strong orientation towards the industrial environment, ZDS supports the professional success of its graduates. For this purpose, industrial projects are processed within the framework of training, excursions to industrial companies and visits to trade fairs are carried out.
- One goal of ZDS's educational work is to promote the permeability of educational programmes from initial and continuing vocational training to university studies.
- Communicative and social skills as well as independent learning of the participants are strengthened by teamwork, method training and presentations.
- The Berufskolleg is committed to the principle of "promoting and demanding" and treats the participants with fairness and respect at all times.
- ZDS attaches particular importance to comprehensive advice for participants. Starting with the first contact during training and further education, as well as after the end of the course, the employees of the school are ready to provide individual support to the participants. In addition, ZDS uses its contacts to industrial companies and service providers to promote the employment of job-seeking course participants.
- All ZDS employees involved in the supervision of pupils and students see themselves as a team. Regular team meetings ensure that all employees have the latest, comprehensive information. In addition, the school authorities and the school management are in regular contact with each other.
- Participants are trained by qualified, experienced and committed teachers as well as by specialists and managers as external lecturers. By participating in further training events and in examination boards, the teaching staff ensure their current level of knowledge in factual, practical and didactic terms.
- The school processes are described in a quality management system and are subject to an internal review at fixed intervals. The opinion of the participants is important to the ZDS for the continuous improvement of the school services. This feedback, as well as the results of the internal reviews, is used to optimise the educational content, processes and resources.
Communication - How we present ourselves
The special position of the ZDS as the only vocational school for confectionery technology in Germany requires a lively dialogue with the ZDS partners in the training sector, which is supported by the school authority, the school management and the lecturers.