Description of the course:
This course offers basic knowledge of sugar confectionery production in theory and practice. The characteristics of the raw materials are presented in detail, also example recipes are provided. During the practical parts the participants produce most of the products in small groups. Additionally industrial production is demonstrated using the ZDS' pilot machinery.
Theoretical and practical topics:
* High boiled sweets (die-formed and deposited)
* Toffees, fudges and soft chews
* Gums and jellies
* Sugar free and sugar reduced products
Who should attend?
* Food technologists from the confectionery industry, who are working in R&D, production or
* Technical service and supportive personnel of the raw material and machinery industry
* Members of manufacturing companies, who who wish to complete their knowledge